Monday, May 10, 2010

The bookstore

i just love a good bookstore. Actually i stand corrected. I love any kind of bookstore. I think just the thought of words on pages is something i like. No matter how much material I can find online, I still need a book. I actually thought about investing in an iPad or a Kindle, but I've only ever read an e-book once in my life... Little Women. And it was a good book. Possibly the only reason I got through the whole thing, was because I was eager to finish the book and didn't have the time to actually get to a bookstore to buy the paperback version. But I'm the kind of person who will buy a book about anything. I can get lost in a bookstore even if it's a tiny store. Once I actually made a pact with myself not to buy any more books until I had read all the ones I already have in my possession. Guess what, I didn't make it through a week. My reading time has definitely decreased because of the various distractions that technology brings. I spend hours on the internet. Never really reading anything because Google throws out so many websites, you actually forget what you were searching for in the first place. And then there are tv serials. I don't actually watch them on TV anymore but on DVDs. So I get to watch them back to back to back.... and some of them can be so engrossing. But in the end, I still don't think there's anything like a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment